Week beginning 1st June 2020
We hope you are continuing to keep well and stay safe.
This week in Maths we are following the White Rose Maths teaching for week 5. This week the focus is on measures. Watch the videos and then complete the activity sheets. There is no need to print the sheets if you prefer to use paper and pencil.
Day 1 – compare length and height
Day 2 – measure length
Day 3 – measure length
Day 4 -introduce weight and mass
Day 5 Friday maths challenge
Our English work is based around the story of The Jolly Postman.
Remember to keep reading using https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
Please keep practising set 2 and 3 phonemes.
In Phonics this week, there are four new sounds but activities are the same as previous weeks.
- Monday Activity 1- Read and Write the HFW- Read the High Frequency Words/ red words, then write two sentences using two of those words.
- Tuesday Activity 2- Draw- Read the words including your sound for the day, and draw a picture to go with each word.
- Wednesday Activity 3- Match- Read the words including your sound for the day, and match them to their picture.
- Thursday Activity 4- Swap- Read the sentences and swap the underlined words out for one of the sound of the day words in the box.
These activities can be repeated and adapted for each sound. Keep practising sounds we have already covered and any that you found tricky.
Our weekly challenge this week based on The
Jolly Postman. He travelled around on his bicycle delivering the mail. Can you design and make a new vehicle to deliver letters. You can use junk modelling, construction kits, eg Lego etc… See if you can test your vehicle by fitting your letter inside.
Have a good week,
Mrs McLean, Mrs Langford and Mrs O’Neill
- Day 1 English.docx
- Day 2 Englsih.docx
- Day 3 English.docx
- Day 4 English.docx
- Day 5 spelling.docx
- Lesson 1 - Compare lengths and heights 2019.pdf
- Lesson 2 - Measure length (1) 2019.pdf
- Lesson 3 - Measure length (2) 2019.pdf
- Lesson 4 - Introduce weight and mass 2019.pdf