Head teacher Post - Required for January 2020
DIOCESE OF HEXHAM AND NEWCASTLE
St John Vianney Catholic Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required for January 2021
Permanent Full Time Post
L11 – L24a
£52,643 - £71,590
The Governors of St John Vianney Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, ambitious and highly effective Head teacher.
Expectations of our Headteacher:
- Hold and articulate clear values and moral purpose, which take account of the educational mission of the Church focused on providing a world-class education for the pupils they serve.
- Demand ambitious standards for all pupils, overcoming disadvantage and advancing equality, instilling a strong sense of accountability in staff for the impact of their work on pupils’ outcomes that reflect the distinctive characteristics of Catholic education.
- Ensure that the school’s systems, organisation and processes are well considered, efficient and fit for purpose, upholding the principles of transparency, integrity and probity reflecting the school’s Gospel values.
- Model entrepreneurial and innovative approaches to school improvement, leadership and governance, confident of the vital contribution of internal and external accountability.
In return we can offer:
- A strong Catholic ethos.
- A fully inclusive environment with talented, confident and happy children.
- A passionate and dedicated team of staff committed to achieving outstanding outcomes for all pupils.
- A supportive, loyal and committed Leadership Team and Governing Body with a clear vision.
- A commitment to your continued professional development.
The Governing Board and Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults ensuring that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted individually to inform them of their date(s) and time(s) for interview.
Opportunity to visit school – W/C 31 August. Please email Lisa McDine to arrange
Closing date for applications: - Friday 4th September 12 noon
Shortlisting: Wednesday 9th September 2020
Interviews: W/C 21st September 2020
Completed application pack returnable to:
- email@example.com – via email
Please note applications via e-mail will require a real signature on the day of interview
- Headteacher Application Form.docx
- Notes to Applicants.pdf
- Briefing Note on the Definition of Practising Catholic.docx
- Headteacher Post - COG Letter for applicants.docx
- Headteacher Job Description.doc
- Headteacher Person Specification.doc
- Recruitment Monitoring Form.docx
- Diocesan statement on equal opportunities.doc